- High Order asserts importance of cybersecurity matters: A High Order was issued that asserts that the National Cybersecurity Authority’s rules, controls and regulations must be followed by all governmental entities and cloud computing service providers.
- Elders Rights and Care Law: The Elders Rights and Care Law was issued, which provides for the affirmation of rights granted to elders and the obligations of caregivers. The law also details the hierarchy of caregiving responsibilities among family members. The law also creates new legal obligations on governmental entities and services to design programs and provide preferential treatment for elders.
- Regulation of Marine Navigation Permits and Work License: This regulation was issued to compliment the Commercial Maritime Law, which was enacted in 2018CE. The regulation places comprehensive responsibilities on the operators of the ships that are within its scope to comply with the relevant requirements.
- SANED’s contribution reduced: the General Organization for Social Insurance (GOSI) announced the reduction of SANED contributions. With this new announcement, the employer would bear 0.75% - instead of 1% - contribution and the employee would bear an equal percentage of their salary.
- Regulation on the Governance Procedure of Export Prohibition and Restriction: the regulation provides for the establishment of a committee named the Committee for Governance Procedure of Export Prohibition and Restriction. This committee will be the main force behind prohibiting or restricting the export of certain products from the Kingdom.
- Suspending the admission of new complains received by Tasfiah: The resolution requires the Real Estate Stakes Committee (Tasfiah) to stop admitting any new complaint that falls within its jurisdiction unless such complaint is related to a matter already being reviewed by Tasfiah.
- Ministry of Sport regulations amendment: This amendment expands the authorities of the Ministry of Sport and places more responsibilities on it, giving the Minister of Sport the power to approve the establishment of sport training centers and institutions. It also expands array of sports’ entities that are subject to penalties for not procuring required permits.
- Cancelling the Regulation for the Profession of Government Follow-ups (Ta’aqeeb): The cancellation of this regulation also cancels the previously required permit for this profession and the related fees imposed on issuing such permit and renewing it.
- The 22nd of February to be the Founding Day: A Royal Order was issued to commemorate the occasion of Imam Mohammad Bin Saud establishing the First Saudi State in 1139H, which corresponds to 22 February 1727CE. The 22nd of February of each year is therefore designated as an official holiday moving forward.
Key Contact Person
No items found.
No items found.
There are no sectors at the moment.