- Amendments to the Regulations for Securities Dispute Resolution Procedures: The amendment aims to regulate the procedures for using the Electronic Platform in proceedings before the Committee for Resolution of Securities Disputes (the “Committee”), including submitting and filing the statement of claim with the Committee, holding remote hearings, exchanging memoranda, issuing decisions and appeal decisions. The amendment also requires capital market institutions and listed joint stock companies to be represented by an attorney or legal representative licensed in the Kingdom in all lawsuits in which they are parties, including filing or litigating lawsuits and submitting requests or memoranda to the Committee or the appeal Committee.
- Personal Status Law: Such law regulates matters and issues related to engagement, marriage, divorce, children’s custody, guardianship, wills and inheritance along with other different issues, all of which are derived from Sharia.
- The Implementing Regulations of the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (MARPOL): The Implementing Regulations aim to set the mechanism for the provisions, requirements and conditions contained in the International Convention for the Prevention of Pollution from Ships (MARPOL) to achieve the aim of the Convention in protecting the marine environment.
- Amendments to the Patent Regulation of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf: The amendments entailed, among other things, procedural amendments to the registration of patents, including the ability of the Patent Office of the General Secretariat of the Cooperation Council to grant patents (subject to the limitations stated in the law).
- Financial Sector Cyber Threat Intelligence Principles issued by the Saudi Central Bank: The principles aim to set the scientific and practical foundations for monitoring and investigating cyber threats and enhancing the practices of financial institutions in investigating cyber threats to take precautionary measures.
- Amendments to the Protection From Abuse Regulations: The amendments include enhancement to procedures of receiving abuse complaints and more robust penalties on violations, including an introduction of a new penalty specific for abuse against, including but not limited to, persons with disabilities and parents.
- Amendments to the Child Protection Law: The main purpose of the amendments is to grant additional protections (in addition to existing ones) to children who are subject to abuse. The amendments emphasize the competent authority’s role in reviewing and following up with abuse cases (including abuse cases of children with disabilities).
Key Contact Person
No items found.
There are no sectors at the moment.